Powered by Blogger.

Thankful...

This week has been busy for us. Jared has been out of town since Monday and won't be coming back until Friday and next week he will be gone a couple of days. So far, it hasn't been bad. Josiah has been asking all the time when his dad is going to be home. Eliya doesn't seem too phased. It has actually been hardest on Hannah. She is daddy's girl and really misses him. She has cried every night...


During this all, I am reminded of when I was pregnant with Hannah. Eliya was 2 and in the process of potty training, Josiah was 1 1/2 and STILL not walking, and I was HUGE with Hannah. Jared had a consulting job in Des Moines (2 1/2 hours away) for 9 months. He actually ended up getting an apartment there and the kids and I were living there every other week.



I would gather the kids up and go with him (he would come home on the weekends) to hang out in a two bedroom apartment (on the 9th floor mind you! with a 2 year old and a 1 1/2 year old chunk who refused to walk) while he worked. Needless to say, without much to do, the kids and I would spend most mornings at the mall playplace. I would also try to cook ahead for Jared so that he wouldn't have to eat out during the week I wasn't there. (All the while, trying to potty train Eliya).




Those were tough times. Only by the grace of God did we make it through and with some great memories:












So as you can see, this week has been NOTHING! I'm so THANKFUL to not have to go through that again. After that, these week trips are easy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment