Powered by Blogger.

Facebook, here we come!

Ok, so after several requests from friends to get onto Facebook, I finally went ahead and got an account. To be honest, I had intentionally not gotten an account for some time. Even though I'm a "computer person", and you'd expect me to get an account earlier, it is that very reason that I held off for so long. As the "computer friend" for so many, I had worked on too many computers that had problems where the story started "I was on Facebook last night and.....". You can only fix so many of these issues before you believe that you want to avoid it. :)

Well I finally determined that doing Facebook is probably like doing just about anything else online - as long as you keep your protection software updated and be careful what you do and where you click there's too many good opportunities to miss out on if you don't go for it.

I will say that it was quite a night surfing all of the Friends lists. I ended up going through 4 hours quite fast just looking through the lists for people I knew and many that I hadn't been able to catch up with for some time. It was quite an experience looking through names and faces covering the last 20-25 years or so, all of the changes people have gone through, and seeing where they live today. I think I sent out invites from coast to coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment